Postdoctoral Appointees - Job Opportunities
Sr. Product Engineer - Electrochemistry, Electroplating (Massachusetts)
A dynamic, growing Boston-area company that develops commercial
electroplating processes based on MIT-developed nanotechnology is seeking an experienced, results-oriented engineer, preferably with knowledge of electrochemical processes, to join our team as a Sr. Product Engineer.
The primary responsibility of this position is to act as the Engineering/Technical lead on all aspects of commercial products and processes from late stage development until the end of the life-cycle.
Duties for this position include:
- Interacting with the development team to bring new products and processes to market
- Designing, executing analyzing and reporting on qualification trials both internally and at Customer sites
- Drafting professional presentations to share with Customers and internal staff
- Owning all Technical/Quality related issues that arise at the Customer sites
- Acting as a point of technical contact with Customers
- Setting the project plans for new installations and upgrades at the Customer site
- Owning and updating control plans associated with the products and processes
- Monitoring Customer SPC and SQC charts until the processes are stable and capable
- Acting as a hands-on resource in the laboratory to run bath chemistry and test and evaluate the results using a variety of test equipment
- Developing a seamless and efficient workflow and relationships with internal and external support teams to support the product line
This is a senior position, requiring candidates with 5+ years of relevant experience in the electroplating or metal finishing industry.
Required background and skills include:
- BS or advanced degree in a relevant technical field, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of the industrial process chemistry
- Comprehensive understanding or statistics, SPC/SQC and DOE
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is a strong plus
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experience managing Customer issues for successful resolution – setting plans and milestones, issuing technical and project updates and closing out issues
- Experience moving products from development into Manufacturing and sustaining activities
The position requires candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to effectively troubleshoot based on limited information/experience when necessary. A detail-oriented personality with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects is also critical. International and domestic travel is required.
For more information please contact Don Cummings