The Argonne Commitment to Safety Innovation (CSI) is a new postdoc safety program. The goal is for postdocs to participate in a safety exchange with their peers, instill a culture of safety among the postdocs and to reward the postdocs for sharing their brilliant ideas regarding safety that the entire laboratory will benefit from.
Presentations will be submitted through the Xink system and will be held quarterly. Monetary awards will be awarded based on voting by postdoc peers.
Some of the ideas for presentations could include:
- Safety-related issues — what issues have you encountered, what have you observed, how this could have been avoided;
- Safety-related ideas that have been adopted in your group or division that the rest of the lab might benefit from;
- Observed safety issues — what is a good practice that you have observed or a bad one and how would you correct that practice;
- Fresh ideas regarding safety practices — what have you seen others do or you do that is a good safe practice;
- Articles from professional journals — what have you read about that you thought was a good idea.
To make a submission, please click on the following link.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna Gudgel at ext. 2-6341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.